City of Film is a service of the City Council of Sant Cugat del Vallès with the aim of promoting the city as an ideal setting to host shootings of audiovisual productions, assist producers and professionals who choose Sant Cugat to carry out their projects, to support the Catalan audiovisual sector and to stimulate investment and local development.
Practical information for filming in Sant Cugat
We introduce companies and professionals to the regulations for filming in Sant Cugat del Vallès. The following sections detail some relevant issues regarding the general conditions of filming in different spaces and infrastructures in the city and the types of permits that can be applied for in each case.
You will find all the information you need in these links:
- Filming permit. Here you will find the information to process the permits you need to shoot in the city.
- Municipal ordenances. Know the rules that must be respected for everything to go smoothly.
- Street list. For actions in the streets of Valldoreix district, you must send the request to the EMD of Valldoreix (www.valldoreix.cat).
- Locations. Directory of different public and private locations in Catalonia, just select the town of Sant Cugat del Vallès. In each of the files there are the contact details of the person or entity that manages the shootings.
Why choose Sant Cugat to carry out your project?
Sant Cugat del Vallès is usually chosen as the setting for many shootings. Between 2019 and 2021, we received numerous applications to come and record in our town (from film, advertising and television producers). So much so that Sant Cugat enjoys a well-established tradition in the audiovisual industry. We are the third city in the country to provide more filming locations, with about 80 spaces a year.
Among the richness of our spaces, the producers are increasingly attracted to the medieval town, emblematic buildings, the natural environment of Collserola and our urban parks or the wide range of markets, establishments and private houses. Sant Cugat is a member of the Catalunya Film Commission and its network of technical and human resources. We also have the support and talent coming from nearby academic institutions, such as the ESCAC in Terrassa, the UAB in Bellaterra and the ECIB, the Barcelona Film School.
Finally, the good combination of the cultural, natural offer and the connectivity with Barcelona and the country, make Sant Cugat a privileged place for filming.
If you would like further information, please contact us:
- Tourist Office at Plaça d’Octavià, 10
- Tel. 936 759 952
- WhatsApp: 646 68 68 77
- email: email@example.com