We will discover you which will be the holidays in Sant Cugat in 2023 so that you can organize your agenda. You can already write down the bridges, public holidays and local festivals that will make up this year’s calendar – find out!
Which are the holidays in Sant Cugat 2023?
This 2023, there are some new events in the Sant Cugat work calendar. First of all, you should know that the local holidays in Sant Cugat are on the 3rd of March throughout the municipality, on the 29th of June in Sant Cugat, and on the 16th of September in Valldoreix.
This year, the day of Sant Medir (co-patron saint of the city) falls on Friday, March 3rd, offering the lucky ones the opportunity for a long weekend.
Sant Pere (Saint Peter)
Thursday, June 29th is Sant Pere’s day, the co-patron saint of the city, which also coincides with the Festa Major de Sant Cugat del Vallès
Sant Cebrià (Saint Cyprian)
In Valldoreix, Sant Pere is replaced by Sant Cebrià for their local Festa Major, and the holiday will be on Saturday, September 16th.
Festa Major de Sant Cugat
The dates for the city’s main festival have not been released yet, we will let you know soon!
The work calendar of Sant Cugat in 2023
If you want to know all the bank holidays in Sant Cugat in 2023, here is a complete list of them all. Take note:
- January 6th (Friday) – Epiphany (statewide holiday)
- March 3rd (Friday) – Sant Medir (local holiday)
- April 7th (Friday) – Good Friday (statewide holiday)
- April 10th (Monday) – Easter Monday (holiday in Catalonia)
- May 1st (Monday) – Labor Day (statewide holiday)
- June 24th (Saturday) – Sant Joan (Saint John) ( holiday in Catalonia)
- June 29th (Thursday) – Sant Pere (Saint Peter) (local holiday in Sant Cugat)
- August 15th (Tuesday) – Assumption of Mary (statewide holiday)
- September 11th (Monday) – La Diada. Catalan National Day (holiday in Catalonia)
- September 16th (Saturday) – Sant Cebrià (Saint Cyprian) festivity only in Valldoreix disctrict (local holiday)
- October 12th (Thursday) – National Day of Spain (statewide holiday)
- November 1st (Wednesday) – All Saints’ Day (statewide holiday)
- December 6th (Wednesday) – Constitution Day (statewide holiday)
- December 8th (Friday) – Immaculate Conception (statewide holiday)
- December 25th (Monday) – Christmas Day (statewide holiday)
- December 26th (Tuesday) – St. Stephen’s Day holiday in Catalonia)
Commercial calendar in Sant Cugat
In the case of shops and other businesses, the work schedule changes slightly. In general terms, you should know that in Catalonia, shops can open a maximum of 8 Sundays or public holidays during the year established by the Generalitat. But, in addition, they will also be able to open 2 more days that the municipalities will establish and, in the case of Sant Cugat, the holidays in which it can be opened to the public are:
- January 8th
- June 25th
- October 12th
- November 26th
- December 6th, 8th, 17th and 24th